Freqently Asked Questions
Below are some frequently asked questions about what we believe and practice.
- Does God love everyone, even me?
- John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."
- You say you are a Bible based church; why is that important?
- Rom 1:16 - "For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek."
- Do you believe that the Bible is the word of God?
- 2 Tim 3:16-17 - "All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work."
- Are there many paths to God?
- John 14:6 - "Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.'"
- What must I do to be saved?
- Acts 2:38 - "Peter said to them, 'Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.'"
- Why do you believe that you must be baptized to be saved?
- Mark 16:16 - "He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned."
- How will I know that you are the church, disciples of Christ?
- John 8:31 - "So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, "If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine"
- John 13:35 - "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."
- John 15:8 - "My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be My disciples."