Who or What is God?
[ Click Here for Printable PDF Version ]
"Who is God?" Some would ask the question, "What is God?" Some would refer to God as a he, others as a she. Some would even go so far as to refer to God as an it, as though God were some impersonal force. Some believe that we all are God, while others believe in a God that cannot be known because He is too distant and too different from us.
Although most people have some conception of God, this conception will be incomplete or erroneous unless there is specific information from God Himself on who He is and what He is like. This is the purpose of this study. We will be looking at Bible verses that tell us about the nature of God.
- Psalm 19:1-6; Romans 1:18-21 Can we know anything about God from what He has created?
- 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:21
- Is what we can know about God from what he created enough
to determine His exact will for us?
- How has God fully revealed His will to us?
- Hebrews 1:1-3
- How did God reveal His will long ago?
- How has God revealed His will to us in these last days?
- Galatians 1:8-9 Will there be anymore messages other than what God has already revealed in his Gospel?
- Isaiah 57:15 How long has God existed? (Job 36:26; Rev. 1:8)
- Deuteronomy 4:35; Isaiah 46:9 How many gods are there in the universe?
- 1 Peter 1:15-16 Does God want you to live according to His nature?
- Read the following verses, and note what they say about the nature of God
- Psalm 139:1-16 -
- Psalm 34:8 -
- Exodus 20:5 -
- Exodus 34:6-7 -
- Deuteronomy 32:4 -
- 2 Samuel 24:14 -
- 1 Corinthians 14:33 -
- 1 John 4:8 -
- Romans 11:22 -
- Psalm 99:9 -
- Genesis 1:31 How does the Bible characterize the world and everything in it after God had made it?
- Genesis 3:1-8
- How did Adam and Eve disobey God?
- What would be the penalty for disobeying God according to
- How did they react to God after they disobeyed Him?
- Genesis 3:16-19 What other penalties were there for disobeying God?
- Romans 5:12 - Does the Bible explain why all people die?
- John 5:28-29
- When someone dies, is that the end of them?
- What happens after they die? (2 Corinthians 5:10)
- 2 Peter 3:10 What will ultimately happen to this world and everything in it?
- Acts 17:22-31
- (v.25) Where did all life come from?
- (v.26-27) Why did God create mankind? (Isaiah 43:6-7)
- (v.28-29) Is God like anything we could imagine?
- (v.30) What does God command people everywhere to do?
- (v.31) What will God eventually do one day?
- (v.31) How or by whom will God do it? (Acts 2:32)
- 1 Timothy 2:3-4 - What is God's desire for man?
- Romans 6:23 In whom is eternal life found?
- John 11:25-26 - What happens to those who die believing in Jesus?
- Matthew 7:21-23
- Is believing in Jesus mental assent, a mere verbal claim?
- What does it mean to believe IN Jesus? (See Matthew 7:24-27)
- Ephesians 1:1-14
- What blessings are to be found “IN” Christ?
- Do you want to be in Christ?
The Nature of Man
The effects of Sin
- Genesis 1:26-28
- Genesis 2:7
Who Has Sinned
The Solution to Sin
- Isaiah 59:2
- James 1:15; Romans 5:12
- Romans 1:21; Ephesians 4:17-18; Hebrews 3:13
- Ephesians 2:1-3
- Philippians 2:13; John 8:34
- Romans 7:19-24
- Genesis 4:16-24; 6:1-6; Romans 1:18-32
- Romans 5:6-11
- Romans 6:17-18
- Romans 8:1
- Acts 2:37-39
- Titus 3:3-7
Nebraska City Church of Christ,
1102 S 10th St, Nebraska City, NE 68410
(402) 873-7241 - www.ncncocorg - www.epreacher.org
June 7, 2016