If the Lord were to come right now, do
know without a doubt that you would
go to Heaven to be with Him?
[ Click Here for Printable PDF Version ]
You may be aware that there is more to life than our time on earth. Many people hope for a wonderful afterlife. Is there a way to know for sure that everything has been done in order to receive it? Are we consigned to uncertainty, or is there a way to have confidence in our hope? Hopefully, this study will help you answer some of these questions, or refresh your knowledge of what you have already read.
- I John 5:13 Is it possible to know if you have eternal life, or are we left with uncertainty? What, according to this verse, is the thing that will let us know for sure?
- John 8:24 Is this a life-and-death statement? What must you do according to this verse?
- Read the following verses and for each verse, answer the question
– “Who is Jesus?”
- John 18:36-37 -
- John 15:5-6 -
- John 14:6-7 -
- John 11:25 -
- John 8:58 -
- John 6:48-51; 6:63 -
- John 4:25-26 -
- John 1:34 -
- John 1:29 -
- John 1:1-3, 14 -
- 1 Timothy 2:5 What is Jesus called in this verse? Why would Jesus need to be this?...
- Isaiah 59:2 Does this verse tell us why we would need a mediator? (Write in the box what has come between men and God)
- Romans 3:23 Who has sinned according to this verse?
- What is sin? -- Sin means "to miss the mark.”
A good illustration is a bull's-eye.
- James 1:14-15 What is the result of sin? (See also Isaiah 59:2 above)
- Romans 1:16 What, according to this passage, is the power of God to save us?
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 What is the Gospel?
- 2 Timothy 1:10 What two things did Jesus bring to us through the Gospel?
- Ephesians 1:7 How did Jesus take care of our sin problem?
- 1 Corinthians 15:20-23 What did Christ’s resurrection do?
- Romans 5:6-11 Who did Christ die for? Did He die for you?
- Matthew 7:21-23
- Will everyone who prays “Lord, lord” to God be saved?
- Will everyone who does good deeds in the Lord’s name be
- Who did Jesus say would be saved?
- Matthew 10:32-39
- What does Jesus want you to do?
- What place is Jesus to have in your life?
- How might following Jesus affect your relationship with those
who do not follow Jesus? (see also John 15:19)
- 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9
- Who will suffer eternal destruction?
- What must you obey to avoid eternal destruction?
- According to what you have studied so far, what is
- Romans 6:3-7 Since the Gospel
is the death, burial & resurrection
of Christ, what does it mean for
you to obey it? ….
- When baptized, you are
baptized into his what? (v.3)
- Who are you buried and raised up with when baptized? (v.4)
- What happens to your old self when baptized? (v.6)
- What happens to your sin when you are raised up? (v.6)
- Romans 6:17-18 Your obedience to the Gospel needs to be what kind of obedience?
- What does this mean for Christian baptism?
- Are all kinds of immersion into water actually obedience to the Gospel? What is the difference between merely getting wet and obeying the Gospel?
- Ephesians 4:22-32; 1 Corinthians 6:9-11; Rom 12:1-2 According to these verses, what does putting off the old self and putting on the new self mean for your actions and daily life?
- Do you understand what you must begin to do in order to be saved?
Are you Ready?
- Do you believe Jesus is God, who came from Heaven to earth?
- Do you believe Jesus died for your sins and rose from the dead?
- Will you entrust your whole life to Jesus and let him rule your life?
- Are you ready to declare Him BOTH your Savior and your Lord?
- Read Acts 22:16
Post Baptism Study (A snapshot of some specific Christian responsibilities)
- Acts 2:41, 47 - God has added you to his church. You don’t need to “join”
- 1 Corinthians 12:12-27 - You are part of the body of Christ, stay connected!
Hebrew 10:22-25 - Be steadfastness, encourage one another, assemble regularly
- 1 Peter 2:2 - Spend time regularly in the Word
- Matthew 26:26-29; 1 Corinthians 11:23-28 – Join in communion
- 1 Corinthians 16:1-2 – Giving
- Galatians 6:1-2 – Bear one another’s burdens
- Galatians 6:9-10 – Do good to all people, especially brethren
- Ephesians 5:19-20 – Sing to God and one another from the heart
- 1 Thessalonians 5:17 – Pray regularly
- 2 Timothy 2:15 – Be a diligent workman
- 2 Peter 3:17-18 – Spiritual growth
- 2 Peter 2:20-22 - Do not stray away
- Matthew 22:36-40 – Love God and neighbor - Greatest commandments
- Revelation 2:10 – Be faithful until death
Nebraska City Church of Christ,
1102 S 10th St, Nebraska City, NE 68410
(402) 873-7241 - www.ncncocorg - www.epreacher.org
June 7, 2016